Website Corporate Interiors
The Millwork Estimator is responsible for reading and understanding all-new project documents in order to compile the required cost and budgeting factors for materials, shop labor, and installation. This individual will generate a formal proposal of work to be submitted to clients.
- Review of architectural drawings and specifications for potential projects.
- Develop accurate scopes of work & budgets with minimal information.
- Generate alternative materials and construction methods to complete the estimates.
- Estimating take-offs.
- Generate SK through either Cabinet Vision or hand drafting of required parts to be priced or fabricated by sub-contractors.
- Pre-submission review of proposals
- audit all material take-offs and pricing
- audit full scope review of project
- Compare subcontractor bids to bid documents and plans to ensure that Corporate Interiors meets the requirements of the project. Confirm constructability.
- Issue RFI’s and send out addenda to subcontractors.
- Answer questions from bidding subcontractors and discuss the full project to ensure all construction meets the standards of Corporate Interiors.
- Proposal generation: clear and concise bid documentation through Corporate Interiors custom bid submission program.
- Follow up with client after proposal submission to answer any questions and keep up with of the status of the bid
- Support Project Management staff through material purchasing, contract negations, client correspondence and subcontractor support.
- Support fabrication employees through detailed information support, drawing reviews, material location, and delivery schedule.
- Tracks and promotes daily, quality within the departments.
- Communicates effectively with clients regarding acknowledgment dates and on-time performance.
- Strong written documentation skills and solid computer skills including the ability to prepare spreadsheets to analyze data.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Knowledge of architectural products portfolio and how they integrate into the construction process.
- Construction and facilities experience and business knowledge preferred
- Fluent in workplace performance concepts/conversation.
- Working knowledge of construction/electrical/technology fields.
- Strong financial skills, understanding of lifecycle costing.
- PC Skills: Microsoft Windows including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM database experience.
- Clear and professional communication skills, including verbal, written, and listening skills. Ability to interact with multiple disciplines within an account/project, including executive level, facilities, and the project team.
- Self-directed, diplomatic, takes initiative, resourceful, and works well in a multi-task organization; good problem-solving ability and follow through.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, administrative, problem solving, analytical, and scheduling skills
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and optimism.
Education & Experience:
- A./B.S. with a concentration in Construction methods and materials, architectural or construction management field preferred Minimum five (5) years’ experience required in manufacturing industry
- Minimum one (1) year estimation experience
- Understanding of construction materials, means, and methods
- Understanding and comprehension of formal Architectural Specification codes for Finish Carpentry and Casework
- Meet deadlines: You are capable of working on 3 to 5 bids in various stages simultaneously. Ability to react to questions and interruptions during your work while remaining calm and focused during bid day.
- Knowledge of architectural products portfolio and how it integrates into the construction process
- Strong oral, presentation, written and interpersonal skills. Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Logical reasoning, creative problem solving, and good business judgment
- Basic math skills, technical aptitude, analytical thinking
- Assertive, persuasive, articulate, ability to project self-confidence, and a positive attitude
- Attention to detail, organized, accurate, excellent follow through, persistence.
About Our Company:
Corporate Interiors is a customer-focused organization specializing in workplace environments. From our foundation in 1985, our shape, progression, and prosperity have been formed by listening to the marketplace and understanding the strategic direction of the clients we serve.
Corporate Interiors is widely recognized as the largest re-manufacturer of office furniture in the Philadelphia Region. The Company partners with clients to provide inspirational workplace environments. This encompasses an extensive collection of workspace furniture solutions; architectural solutions; custom millwork; flooring; audiovisual integrations; comprehensive in-house design and project management capabilities; and manufacturer of eco-friendly new furniture.
CI is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. CI does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Interested candidates should forward their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Please clearly identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email. Please include your salary requirements.