Website Corporate Interiors
This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Controller supervises a staff of four and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, cost accounting, sales tax reporting, payroll, general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Controller will have contact with the Company’s senior-level management team which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal. This position is a roll-up the sleeves position. It will be required to prepare balance sheet reconciliations; account analyses and other accounting work papers on a monthly basis.
- Reviews and directs the processing of all accounting functions, including cash receipts, disbursements, and daily cash banking requirements
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for accounts receivable management
- Responsible for payroll and all related payroll tax filings
- Handles the cost accounting and inventory valuation
- Prepares general ledger account reconciliations
- Oversees the Company’s warranty and freight claims
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, budgets and actual expenditures.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
- Leverage strengths of the current accounting team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Directs external audits involving a review of accounting and administrative controls. Establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems.
- Interacts with CFO in matters pertaining to accounting issues.
- High ethical standards. Ability to creatively problem solve and exercise good business judgment
- Proven leadership and management ability, demonstrating innovation, flexibility and best-in-class attributes
- Motivational expertise, acts to inspire employees, consistently displays initiative
- Prioritizes and manages multiple tasks and deadlines
- 5 to 7 years prior supervisory experience in financial reporting/general accounting
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting required
- Job costing experience a plus
- Demonstrates proficiency in all MS Office applications including Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- Excellent PC skills
Interested candidates should send a resume to email@example.com. Candidates should clearly indicate in the subject line of the email the name of the open position. Candidate must include salary expectations to be considered.
CI is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. CI does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.