Versatile functionality = invaluable investment
See it, store it, keep it close at hand. Display your work or keep it conveniently tucked out of sight with our easy open bin and shelves.
Statement of Line
- Answer Bin
- Universal Bin with flat, radius, wood or picture frame front (acrylic, markerboard, glass or custom inserts)
- Universal Curved Front Bin with painted or wood door
- Universal Shelf and Personal Shelf
- Universal L-shelf and Stationary Shelf
- Slim Shelf
Universal bins and shelves are designed to work on all Steelcase panel systems: ·
More choices to fit any budget
Steelcase’s offering of overhead storage products and options satisfy a broad range of customer needs and price points with products work across panel systems. Products which allow work to be visible, close at hand, displayed or behind closed doors.
Versatile functionality = invaluable investment
With common dimensions and independent attachment brackets, our bins are highly versatile. Universal bins are compatible across all panel systems, with the ability to switch from an Avenir panel to an Answer panel. They are also interchangeable between applications, from panel mounted, to wall mounted, to service module applications..
Make an aesthetic statement
Steelcase bins provide a clean, full front aesthetic uninterrupted by locks or pulls in the face of the bin. If you desire, make a visual statement with curved door fronts, wood, acrylic, markerboard or glass fronts. Or, use up-mounted bins to create a visually interesting landscape in the office.
Free from planning constraints
The ability to mount bins off-module on panels allows planning around building obstacles or deal with changing workstation needs. Additionally, this capability helps future proof the investment. If standards are changed existing bins can be reused even if they are larger than their new panel.
Steelcase always keeps an eye on performance, longevity and quality. It’s the quality of the product that ensures that the product will last through a lifetime of moves and changes.
ITC (In The Case) Door – available flat front steel, wood, or picture frame with glass, markerboard, acrylic, or custom insert
- Door recesses into the case when opened, providing added storage space on top of the bin.
- Internal scissor mechanism ensures jam-free operation.
- Integral finger pull on the bottom edge (flat front steel door only) keeps the front of door aesthetically clean.
OTC (Over The Case) Door – available flat or radius steel front, or picture frame with glass, markerboard, acrylic, or custom insert
- Open door rests above the case to provide for more storage space inside and to prevent clutter within the office landscape.
- Ball bearing slide mechanism provides a smooth door operation.
- Integral finger pull on the bottom edge (flat front steel door only) keeps the front of door aesthetically clean. ·
CF (Curved Front Bin) Door – available painted or wood
- Open door rises above the case
- Standard with an easy open easy close mechanism which requires minimal user force to open or close door.
- Independent on-module panel attachment brackets allow bins to attach to any Steelcase panel by changing the bracket.
- Universal bins can be panel-mounted, wall-mounted or desktop-mounted as hutches (aka service modules).
- Safety catches lock bin and shelves safely to the panel, preventing accidental dislodgement.
- Off-module bin brackets available for any Steelcase panel system.
- Bins can be up-mounted to increase privacy without increasing panel heights for any Steelcase panel system.
- Hutch kits (aka service module kits) are available to allow mounting bins above a desktop, which includes an accessory rail for dividers and Details worktools.
- Optional assist mechanism consists of a pneumatic which slowly closes the bin door preventing accidental slamming and a spring which assists the user in pulling the door to a fully open, recessed position.
Shelves - provide a piling surface for people who like to see their work in process and stage their work.
- Personal Shelf gives users additional working surface without the cost and space requirements of a laminate worksurface.
- Slim shelves allow workers to display icons of their work or to personalize their work area.
- L-shelf and stationary shelf are the partners to Universal Curved Front bins – providing alignment and a design-oriented option.
Warranty and testing
- Lifetime warranty that product is free from defects in materials and workmanship.
- Meets or exceeds ANSI/BIFMA requirements.
- Universal Bins and Horizontal Wall Mount Bracket are California OSHPD building code and healthcare regulation pre-approved: OPA-1660
- Universal Storage is level™ 1 certified to the BIFMA e3 sustainability standard (the level ™ 1 certification excludes wood or laminate fronts). According to BIFMA, the level™ conformance mark ensures a comprehensive, independent and impartial assessment of the environmental and social impacts of a product’s manufacture. level makes it easy to identify products that have been evaluated against a consensus-based, multi-attribute sustainability standard.
- Universal Storage is SCS Indoor Advantage™ certified for indoor air quality .
- Constructed free of environmentally hazardous processes such as those that produce VOCs and deplete ozone